Nov 11, 2016

November LGBTQ Center Spotlight: Promise House

This has been a really emotional week. I've been sad for a few days now and I've let myself have those days because I needed them. But now? Now, I'm still sad and scared, but it's also time for me to do something. My first phase of action will be to spotlight an LGBTQ Center each month, for the next few months, purchase items from their Amazon wish lists, and hope some of you will be able to do the same.

This month I'm spotlighting Promise House in Dallas Texas (click Promise House to be taken to their site).

Their website says they "move youth in crisis to safety and success" You can find their Amazon wish list HERE. Amazon wish lists are an incredibly easy way to help. They list all the requested items and you can add them to your cart. During checkout, you just click to have the items mailed to the address for Promise House and it's that easy! I know that not everyone is in a position to donate, especially this time of the year. If not, please consider sharing the link to this post, or the link to their wish list on your social media sites. Let's try and help Promise House get as many items from their list as we can.

Also, I'll be looking for more LGBTQ Centers with Amazon wish lists. If you know of any with an Amazon wish list, please email me at rileyhartwrites (AT) yahoo (DOT) com with a link to their website.

Thanks for helping and I'll be back next month with another center to spotlight!